Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swine Whine

My mom seemed to rarely get sick, and if she did, we never knew it, she never let it get her down.
I remember being sick as a child. My mom would make me chicken noodle soup, give me medicine, tuck me in bed, take my temperature, feel my forehead, and let me rest with peace and quiet.
Well….I'm not a kid anymore!!!
Last week, my allergies started to act up…or so I thought.
I was coughing and had a runny nose. I went to the CVS minute clinic, to make sure that it wasn't the flu: my test came back negative. As the days went on, it got worse.
I was achey and felt like my head and ears were stuffed with cotton. I felt TERRIBLE!
To top it all off, I woke up yesterday with NO voice!!! I had to yell just to get a whisper out. Me not being able to talk is NOT a good thing. After much teasing from the kids and hubby quoting the Godfather, I decided to not let it ruin my day. By the way, I can still text Nikki if I need to talk.
However, lunches still had to be made, kids still had to be dressed, we had football games to get to and the house still needed to be cleaned. I was not going to let this bug get me down....I am MOM!!!
I began to lose my energy, the piles of tissues were growing, and I just didn't feel like myself. Just then, Ethan started running a fever, coughing, vomitting...you get the picture.
So, there we were, me and Ethan, in bed...sick!
I won't go into details about the discharges, aches, and other syptoms we experienced.
Long story short...Me and Ethan caught the swine!!!! Yes, we got the swine flu and it is kicking my butt. It is horrible!!!!
I thought mother's weren't supposed to get sick. What is going on????

No comments: