Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Days

October brings shorter days and a chill to the air along with many fun family moments.
I look forward to every year with great anticipation:
1) pumpkins! Yes, pumpkins are everywhere. Every year I gear up for the one day I get to practice my hand at a fleeting but wonderful art form – Halloween pumpkin carving! It will be a blast!
2) Hot apple cider has become my drink of choice this Fall.
3)Cold weather. Our move to Texas made me realize how nice it is to actually have the changing seasons. All the leaves on the trees are changing color and falling off and I love to turn the fireplace on.
4) watching Fall family movies together and watching scary movies with Mike, when the kids get to bed.

When the leaves are golden rolling down my street, it marks my favorite time of year.
Fall is the time when one sheds tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is chicken soup for the battered spirit.
When the air is cool, we spend time with family and friends, and every moment when my little family is gathered indoors to play board games and watch old movies.
A few of those days and all is well in the land of Tubiolo.
I feel like the future is wide open and filled with sun-dappled possibilities.
HAPPY FALL EVERYONE :)

No comments: