Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I came across some old photos of our last house. I can still remember buying it just to totally remodel it. Unfortunately I have no before pics, just the after ones. It was everything Mike and I wanted.....
This was my home, and I loved it.
It’s where all the people I love are.
I loved my red door, that many friends have entered, I love my flowers, and I even love that old graveled driveway that held the smell of rain.
This was the first house Mike and I remodeled together.
This was the house my kids couldn’t wait to “explore” when we finally got to move in.
This is the home where we laughed, talked, and played.
This is the house that has seen more tears than any other and the one where hearts have been mended.
This is where I feel at peace. When I see my old house I don’t just see a house, I see my home. I see my family… I see the man that I love and our three amazing children. We live in Texas now and we are loving it but, every now and then, I wish I was back home.

No comments: