Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Back

Many people get excited about the Fall time change, because it means gaining an extra hour of sleep. I used to feel the same way. But now, I actually dread the fact that we have to turn the clocks back an hour, because though we may get adjusted to it pretty quickly as adults – children are a different story!
I try to keep a tight ship when it comes to staying on schedule. We have a regular daily routine from the time we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed at night. All the kids (ages 10,8, and 5) go to bed at the same time – by 8:30pm. They also wake up at the same time everyday – by 7:00am. And as most of you moms know, children oftentimes have this internal clock inside of them that tells them when to get up. It doesn’t matter what time they go to bed either. They usually always get up at the same time.
So, this morning, instead of getting up at the usual 7:00am in the morning, everyone, including me, was up at 5:00am in the morning.
Today I am just plain tired.
By 7am the sun came shining through my bedroom windows forcing me out of bed. I like to sleep in on the weekends but today the stinkin' time change ruined everything!!!!

No comments: