Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You

I am grateful for many things this Thanksgiving...
Especially my own little turkeys, who have brought me so much joy this year.
Since moving to Texas I had to get used to not having the traditional house full of family and friends, moms good cooking, and watching my cousins burn off that dressing with a little afternoon football.
Nope, the past few years have been a bit less eventful.
But, I try my best.
This year was probably the best (Texas) Thankgiving yet.
We had Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night at a good friend & neighbor's house. She invited all of her friends and families over for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Gwen made mulled wine, I made the green bean casserole, and Melissa brought stuffing. The kids watched Harry Potter and the adults had time to unwind. It was very nice.
Today I spent Thanksgiving at my sisters house. We made everything from scratch. The kitchen was a mess but the food and company were great!
Ethan & Jacob are old enough now to enjoy a game of footbal, and so they did. They played for hours.
We had plenty of leftovers enough to feed us thru the weekend.
It was a wonderful day.

In Thanksgivings past, I used to be thankful that I had great children, a wonderful healthy family, and really good friends.

This Thanksgiving, I want to say thanks to everyone in my life for giving me something to be thankful for =)

No comments: