Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cookie Time

Whether it's a holiday, special occasion, or just a long, boring afternoon and a way to pass the time is needed, baking cookies is a great activity anytime. It is also one of the easiest ways I spend quality time with my children. Baking cookies gives them the chance to get their hands dirty while making something fun, and tasty together and cherish some irreplaceable moments in the kitchen.

The kids are home this week for Thanksgiving break. I try to keep them busy so, today we made cookies. The kids each had friends over and I needed something to keep them all from getting bored. I made gingerbread cookie dough last night so it was ready for rolling and cutting. My kids love to cut the dough into fun shapes, and later cover the cookies in colored frosting or sprinkles.


Baking together has become a tradition in our home. Not only is it a sweet treat, but baking together is always makes fun filled happy memories and simple math lessons for children.
We all had a great time.

No comments: