Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rain,extension cords, and lights....oh my!

Today was a cold rainy Sunday but, we put up the Christmas lights on our house anyway. I love decorating! I think it is so much fun to start the process of decorating the house for Christmas. It is exciting to see how it will look this year, what things will work, what won't. I am often heartbroken each year by the things that broke over the year or things that have mysteriously disappeared since last year. But, each year I purchase a couple new things that add to our display and sigh, our house just looks so sweet. All we need now is snow to really look good. Snow always completes the look to make it all perfect.The really nice thing about this year is that we were able to put everything up in 50 degree weather!!! The weather has been so nice this Fall. It is due to change soon, maybe even this week but, putting up Christmas lights in 50 degrees was great, even though it was raining a bit.
Christmas is such a magical and miracle part of the year! I love this season but, I think it is often over done, over commercialized and under done about the true meaning of Christmas……..it’s ALL about Jesus people!
Decorating your home is a symbolic of what we, as Christians, need to do all year round
It is nice to drive down my street and see the spirit of Christmas shining bright.

No comments: