Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Not Just an Hour

Change is not always a good thing.
This whole daylight saving time change thing bites! I don’t like it at all!
The only good thing about "falling back" is the extra hour of sleep I get one day a year. Oh wait a minute, now that I have children, that doesn't happen. So really there are no rewarding qualities about the winter time change.
Since the time change, I feel like it is time for bed as soon as hubby gets home from work. There's no more going outside for a walk after we get home, no more chatting with the neighbors as we unload the car because no one is out working in their yard or hanging out in the dark. There is no going to the park to play for a few minutes after dinner and before bed.
The Winter Daylight Savings is dividing. I wish we didn't have to turn the clocks back in the Fall. I would prefer it to be dark in the morning when I am rushing around getting the kids ready for school, and to have a few extra moments of sunshine to enjoy in the evening when I get home.

No comments: