Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just To See You Smile

I’ve been avoiding the orthodontist for months!! I knew that at least one of my children would need them but I thought that time was years ahead. At the kids last dental appointment, we were told that Naty needed an Orthodontic consult. So, my dream that my kids would have perfect teeth was gone.
And I was more nervous about which dentist to choose. To say the least, I am a bit picky. I want the best for my kiddos. After a couple of months of searching, asking around, and pretty much stalking on the internet. I chose one. I am very pleased with him. His friendly staff and beautiful office made both Naty and I very much at ease. One staff member even brought me a freshly brewed Starbucks holiday blend coffee!!!!
Anyway, being here with Naty made me realize how she’s growing up way too fast. When the assistant came out to the waiting room to get Naty for her x-rays, she asked if I wanted to come back with Naty, of course I do. But Naty looked at me and said “mom, you don’t have to, I will be okay.” It took all of me to hold back my tears. I sipped on my hot Starbucks coffee and took my mind of by chatting to another mother in the waiting room. She has a daughter in high school that wears braces and can’t wait to get them off!! I told her how surprised I am that Naty actually WANTS them. I have no idea where the interest in braces is coming from. When I was called into the consult room, I knew the time had come….my daughter needs braces!!!! A huge smile came across Naty’s face as a frown came across mine. Especially when he was describing how her face is going to change :(
Naty had impressions of her teeth taken and spacers put in both upper and lower molars. She will get an expander in two weeks that she will wear for six months. Hopefully that will give her more room for her teeth to spread out! She'll get braces eventually.
Now, I don’t know what makes me more miserable, watching Naty’s beautiful smile change or paying these bills!!!!

No comments: