Monday, January 5, 2009

If I Knew Then.....

I was 22 years old before I had kids, and I mistakenly thought I knew it all.
I had a college education, a great paying job, and I helped raise a little brother and sister.
What could be so hard?
But I quickly discovered I knew nothing, nothing at all.
Things I didn’t know before I became a mom:
If a kid says, “I’ll put it away in a minute,” that is a code for “don't hold your breath”
Kids will run into traffic without looking, if you let them
selective hearing, WHAT?
Never fill a child’s cup more than half full
I will never again be able to find a pair of scissors in my own home
White furniture and children, don't mix
most kid problems can be solved by a snack or a Band-Aid
but......
in their eyes you're the most beautiful person in the world
You have little ones who just adore you
You can spend lots of money - without feeling guilty!
Having children brings you closer to your own mom
You enjoy “alone time” even more
Tickles and laughing at absolutely nothing, it's great to act like a kid again.
Saturday morning cartoons!!!
You become a gourmet cook
A better reason to have Cookie Crisp & Spaghettio's in the pantry again
You make new friends who understand your hopes and fears.
One word: HUGS!

No comments: