Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Change of Clothes

I've been super good about not shopping lately...at least, that was until I found myself shopping for girls winter boots. Why did Sydney have to outgrow her old boots and force me into the shoe isle??? While I was out, I figured I'd take a quick peek at some shoes in my favorite stores and would ya know it...a quick peek turned into a shopping spree.
Since moving to Texas, my mommy clothes became just comfy clothes. You know the yoga pants with a classic tee and maybe a hoodie in case I get chilly. But when I was invited to dinner with some friends, I had a rude awakening!!! I rambled through my closet, grabbed my favorite pair of jeans, and couldn't find anything else. I realized that my closet and I need a makeover. I need to change my hair and I do have some trendy clothes but they were trendy two years ago! I need a change but just a little one so I decided to add a splash of color to my ordinary wardrobe. It's hard to shop when you wear scrubs all day, then come home and just want to be comfortable. But, I came to realize that I don't want to be one of those moms that just looks "comfy" all the time, you get my drift.
What I did find is that there are bargains EVERYWHERE and I found plenty. Here are some of the things I bought.
I just love shoes!
I needed a new set of the basics, a white shirt and a good fitting pair of jeans....any day and anywhere!
I have become a big fan of pashminas, I have about ten now but I just love my new green one!
But I just love my new accessories!
I felt guilty about spending on myself. I thought I'd go through my goods to decide what I absolutely can't live without and what can be returned. The problem is that I don't actually want to return any of it. Out of everything I got, nothing is uncomfortable and all can be mixed and matched. How do you make yourself return something that you don't actually want to return, especially when you only feel obligated to return it because you think you spent too much?
There is no real good reason for that so, you know what? I’ll just keep it all, I think I deserve to be pampered a little right? Yeah I think so.

No comments: