Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

New Years Resolution 2009

This year I plan to......
be a better mother
be a better friend
graduate!!!!
continue the Tubiolo tradition of Friday Night Pizza
finally get my house organized
laugh harder
get in shape
see the west coast
don’t sweat the small stuff
give more hugs, it’s a Spanish thing anyway
& try not to worry about what others think, I know who I am

Lately I have had time to think about what kind of mother I want to be. Our move to Texas changed our lives and our busy schedules pulled us away from each other in a way. I love that my kids have friends, but I want them to want to play with me instead, and thank goodness…. they still do. For a minute I thought it was too late but I found that my kids would still rather play a board game, watch movies, and hang out at home with mom and dad. These days will be gone so I plan to make the most of them now.
I want to make more home cooked meals and spend personal time with each of my kids: Ethan and I have Fridays, when I have him all to myself. We will continue to keep our play dates and mommy days for each other. Once he starts school, these days will fly by and be gone forever. I want to build a strong bond with my girls, hopefully it will make the rough years ahead, easier. I already have our first plans….tea house downtown followed by color me mine pottery (that Rachel recommended), I can’t wait. These are the kinds of memories I want to make for my kids. I want them to know that I am always here for them. Being a mom has been great and the best gift I could ever ask for.
I have lost friends and loved ones this year and I know that with each loss you become a stronger person. I learned not to take life for granted and show appreciation for those who matter in my life: my kids, family, and my good friends.
So as I say goodbye to 2008, I welcome the New Year with a sense of hope and happiness about new beginnings and a bright future.

2 comments:

My Life in Motion said...

Good for you it is always hard to come back to center, but well worth it!

Sonia said...

Thanks, Rach!