Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa Lives On

I was watching the movie Gremlins with my children. I had a list of things a mile long that I should be doing, my children should have been sleeping. But there we sat. The littlest ones fascinated by a movie much more scary than I remember. If I had remembered there is no way I would have let my kids watch.
I am amazed at how much of this movie I had forgotten. I remember the "Don’t get them wet!" and "No feeding them after midnight!" but the rest is a complete blur.
Take for example Phoebe Cates telling the sad story of her father’s death. How did he die? He dressed up as Santa and tried to come down the chimney and broke his neck. She ends the story by saying, "And that was how I found out there was no Santa Claus."
I looked over at my kids.... no one said a word. I didn't say a word. Santa lives on.

No comments: