Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Mommy Day For Ethan

Today was a great day. Ethan came up to me this morning, with huge tears in his eyes, and said that he misses me when he is at school, then gave me the biggest hug ever. With his little arms wrapped so tightly around my neck, I couldn't help but think of what a wonderful job I am doing. It is always a great feeling when you are reassured, not that ever doubted myself.
So because today is one of Ethan's normal school days, I had to decide whether or not to let him miss. So I sat Ethan down on my bed and attempted to tell him what a busy day I had planned but instead I looked into his big brown eyes and my heart melted.

So our day started having coffee with a friend, and my yearly physical at my OB/GYN's!!! Doesn't sound like much fun for Ethan so far but it gets better.....

We came home got back into our pj's and just hung out tgether. I got caught up on power rangers, connect four, and story time. My attention was on only him. After school a good friend and I took all the kids to the park where they ran and played. Once we got home, the house was filled with the voices and laughter of six little children, which I don't mind at all, my kids have good friends, and it's nice to see them playing so well together. We all made gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate. I wish everyday could be like this, filled with pure happiness. I realized today how fast my kids are growing up, I wish that I could slow them down. Since I have no control over it, I'll take days like today and just cherish every moment.

No comments: