Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Road Trip.....It's a long one



Day 1: November 25
We hit the open road from Texas and headed toward Florida. We loaded the minivan and left about 7am. We thought the kids would sleep for a few hours but they didn't. They were just as excited as we were. But I came prepared; I had ipods, Nintendo DS's, and a handful of good movies to keep them entertained. Next time I won't let Mike pack them because when Etan was ready for his ipod, he got all the cords knotted!!

I got a great idea from Debbie to get the bright colored pipe cleaners for the road, so I did and they worked very well. Just when the kids thought they had enough of the electronic entertainment, out came the pipe cleaners. The kids loved them and helped each other make flowers, animals, and letters out of them, and the best thing about them is the easy clean up! Thanks Debbie!


Day 2: November 26
Our little adventure landed us in Orlando around midnight and we were tired!!! I was so happy when we pulled into our hotel and got into bed.

Disney World
The kids jumped out of bed at the sound of the alarm clock because they knew what lied ahead!Yes, we had a date with a mouse! I have to admit that I was excited too. What made this Disney trip even more special is that we met up with some really good friends from Texas.



The weather was nice, the park wasn't very crowded, and the kids rode every ride they wanted to with hardly any waiting at all. I learned that Ethan loves roller coasters, he even rode space mountain and loved it. He wasn't afraid of the haunted mansion either, he was so funny. Naty absolutely loved getting soaked on splash mountain. We had so much fun.



Day 3: November 27 THANKSGIVING DAY

I won't speak of the huge spread of food that we had, it's pretty much typical: turkey, stuffing, pumkpin pie, etc. The people around us is what made this Thanksgiving extra special. Our day filled with family and friends. Something has to be said about having a large family and good old friends around you on the holidays. I was surrounded with love and it felt great, the day was spent laughing and enjoying each others company. I am so thankful for the family and friends that I have, I am truly blessed.

Day 4: Novembe 28 BLACK FRIDAY
Yes I hit the sales with my mom. There was nothing I had to absolutely have but I enjoyed the chaos and the great deals. Later in the afternoon, we visited some old friends and spent the day at the park.





Our Story....Mike was a new grad working in a new firm where he met Darrell. They both became really good friends and it was funny that both Darrell's wife, Kathrine, and I were pregnant and due around the same time. We started spending time together and ended up doing everything together, they bacame a naural part ofour holidays. Even all our parents ar friends. Sydney and Andrew gre up together and became best friends.




About 15 months later out to dinner, Katherine didn't order her typical glass of wine or Midori sour and I looked at her and said well I'm not drinking tonight either and we both started laughing, becase that's how we both informed each other about our second pregnancies. Ryan & Naty were born a month apart!!




When Kathrine told me she was pregnant again, Mike and I were contemplating a third so we decided to just do it, Ethan & Jared are 5 months apart.


Our friendship stayed strong and the kids have become like brothers and sisters.





Day 5: November 29
This day was a relaxing day. I stayed home with my parents and Mike went to visit his parents. We ate leftover Turkey and Stacy and I ran to CVS, where we got some really good deals. Stacy filled a cart and paid less than $3!!!


I enjoyed my scenery. It was nice to be back in an area where a lake surrounds you, everyone knows each other, lots of mom and pop stores, old fashioned ice cream man pushing a cart goes down the street, and the town still has a Christmas parade. I miss having all those little things. The weather was so nice that the kids got to play outside all day! And they absolutely loved spending time with aunt Stacy.
Day 6: November 30
A sad day. We had breakfast with my family and lunch with Mike's family and then were on the road gain heading for home. None of us wanted to leave. It was really hard saying goodbye to all our family and friends, but we had a great time. I value all the things I have and the people in my life.

No comments: