Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Warm Fuzzies

With the weather changing all the time and the cold dreary nights, I've had a lot of time to think.....I know that sounds scary but it's actually a good thing. I haven't had a moment for myself in a long time, so now is good a time as any. The cold rainy days remind me of what's important in life: my family, my true friends, and myself.

I just love cuddling on the couch with Mike and the kids, all in our pj's watching movies and laughing. Our family time are the best part of my day.

Phone calls to family and friends. I love my chats with mom, she is truly a great mother and a great friend, I wish she lived closer so I could hug her everyday. Lisa: wow, we can talk for hours, I never thought I'd meet someone who could talk as much as me, LOL! Thanks for our talks and laughter, I promise I will visit you soon.

Those big brown eyes of my children, melt my heart.

The smell of hot chocolate, chicken noodle soup, and warm baking bread: all the smells that fill our home during the cold winter months.

Reading a book in bed.

Christmas music in the O.R., the other night we (me & the docs) sang the Muppet's twelve days of Christmas during a c-section....it was funny!!!

Getting holiday cards from friends and family all over, I've received almost 80 cards this year. it's nice to know that we have that many people who love us in our lives.

These things make these cold dreary days worth while, I just love it.

No comments: