Friday, December 26, 2008

This Christmas.....

Christmas is over and I can see our vacation coming to an end. Just around the corner are our busy schedules, getting up early, packing lunches, having my Starbucks in the car (always on my way somewhere), and SCHOOL......aghhhh.

As I fill the recycle bin with wrapping paper and cardboard boxes from Christmas morning, I ask myself why we do this. I spent over four hours wrapping all the gifts, making sure they looked just perfect and they were all unwrapped in under ten minutes!!!!
I put a lot of thought into the kids gifts and tried really hard to get them exactly what they wanted. Sydney was a little disappointed, because the one and only thing she asked Santa for was sold out, so she didn't get it. So after a few disappointing tears, we had a talk about the REAL meaning of Christmas. She apologized for being upset and thanked Jesus for all the goodness in her life. Wow!
Without bragging too much, I do have to admit that I have it made: my parents are wonderful, my siblings are great, my nieces & nephew love me, I have real friends, my hubby and kids are healthy and happy....there is nothing I could want more.
I am so thankful that I was able to spend Christmas with my sister and her family, and some really good friends...eating, drinking, and being very merry!
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.

No comments: