Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Friend JOE

Today I blog about my favorite beverage. COFFEE. It could be because I am sitting holding a steaming cup as I type this. For those of you who don't know, I love coffee. It has seen me through many mornings of parenting, many night shifts, many breakfasts with family, and many conversations with my friends. It has helped me to clear my head of many things, like lack of sleep, homework assignments, and many long road trips. In the afternoon around nap time it is a pick me up to press on throughout the remainder of the day. I figure everyone has a vice. I choose coffee. My husband can't believe how the stuff actually relaxes me. But it does, so me and coffee in all forms are best friends.
All this to say I have had the pleasure of researching and determining who has the best "cup of joe". The results may surprise you. I have sampled Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Star Bucks, Pete's coffee (Market Street), & ground coffee purchased from grocery stores. So here are my results. Dunkin Donuts Light & Sweet coffee is consistently the best!!!! But since there are no Dunkin Donuts real close to me I don;t have it all the time. Star Bucks is strongest in the coffee specialty drinks, ie. My White Chocolate Mocha Latte, etc. I can't drink the coffee specialty drinks too often. I am trying to watch my figure and some of those can have 400 calories in one cup. YIKES! So I decided to try regular coffee at each of these fine establishments. StarBucks regular coffee consistently tastes burned, as McDonald's and Pete's does too. Homemade coffe is good and I can give it a twist with the type of creamer I happen to choose (my fave is Coconut Creme), but it can also change day to day. Dunkin Donuts is consistently not burned, not too strong and is hot. Cold coffee unless iced should not be tolerated. : )
I am not just a mom with a vice, I am a scientist, LOL. Now, I will leave you to enjoy my JOE!

No comments: