Friday, May 29, 2009

Ice Cream Man...bring it!


I suppose I should have more sympathy for the poor guy...I'm know he means well and the poor guy has to work in this awful Texas heat but he always has new ways of pissing me off. The last couple of weeks were like clockwork that stupid truck has come around the street blaring it's clown music, enticing the kids. In come the kids running, turning my wallet inside out, and screaming for money to go buy some ice cream (did I mention my freezer is always full of ice cream during the summer?). I spent $10 (on 3 kids) the last time he came around!!! The $2 frozen juice can't be much better than the ice cream that I bought, I buy Breyers and bomb pops for crying out loud. I do realize this is a passage of childhood, and that I'm potentially depriving my kids by NOT handing them money and letting them run in the street after the ice cream truck. It drives me crazy when I am outside trying to enjoy the nice weather and jump at the very sound of music I hear in a distance, hoping my kids won't hear it.
Okay, I am not sooo bad, I do let my kids ice cream from him....sometimes but what bothers me is when he creeps around the corner and I shake my head NO!, and he still comes down our street! Very Irritating!!!!

No comments: