Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I enjoy the simple things. This Mother's Day was free of all expectations so there was nothing to get disappointed about and was grateful to just let it 'unfold'....without trying to make people do something I want, letting them be who they are without taking it on personally, it's a great concept of mine..... and it's giving me a lot of peace. so yeah, the day didn't 'look' like that preconceived notion that mainstream society gets wound up in, breakfast in bed, gifts, being showered in praise and gratitude for the "good job" I do, lalalalala... (not that there's anything 'wrong' with those things) but because I was free of expectations and resulting guilt, resentment and disappointment at not looking the way it was 'supposed' to look, it was full of peace, awe and gratitude (mine) for this opportunity to raise children and live the life that I do. Being a mom is the most amazing job in the entire world. I did talk to my mom, ofcourse, she is the person that shaped me into who I am, is there when I need her, and has a heart of gold.
mamas, hope your Mother's Day was pleasant. Mine was pretty much like any ordinary Sunday.....I slept in late, lounged in my pj's most of the day, spent the afternoon lounging by the pool, and got lots of hugs, kisses, and smiles.

No comments: