Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beach Bum at Heart

I find myself overly excited over our next trip back home to Florida. I will be very happy to see the family, go fishing, and be back in the land of the beach bums and luau's, where the people are friendly, flip-flops are acceptable anywhere at anytime, and at night you can actually see shooting stars.
I love the memories from home, where I lived five minutes from the ocean and cruises were a spur of the moment outing. Okay, I've gone on 3 cruises but I loved it, and I can't wait to take the kids on thier first cruise.

here are some of the things I love the most.
~ If I'm at or on the ocean, I have no reason to worry about getting that laundry done or those dishes washed and there is nothing better than that feeling! I just relax.
~The food. I love to try different restaurants along the beach and fresh seafood is delicious!
~The beach at night. Michael & I loved taking walks on the beach at night, we went there on our first date and it is also where he proposed!
~The ocean is completely calming. It reminds me that I am just a small piece of this huge puzzle called life. I walk a little slower and I take a little more time to enjoy the small things, and I have a complete attitude change after being around the ocean. I feel rejuvenated and I have a spring to my step.

I could go on and on but I will stop here and get packing!!!

No comments: