Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good Friends are Never Forgotten

Last night I made a long overdue phone call. It was to my old L&D unit in Florida. I worked there for four years before moving to Texas.
I thought they had forgotten all about me, but as soon as I said "hey, it's Sonia" they knew exactly who I was and were so happy to hear from me. I chatted with Brenda, Donna, and Liz. It was so good to hear their voices again and catch up. They were hoping I wouldn't like Texas so much and move back. For a long time I didn't like Texas. I was lonely and had to make all new friends and start a whole new life. Within the last year Texas finally felt like home and I don't know if I'll ever move back. I do miss the ocean, Disney World, Publix, friends, and my family. Both families-my relatives and my girls in L&D. I miss Brenda's baking, Liz's stories, pokeno, girls nights, and just being in the company of some of the greatest people in the world. WRMC ladies, you guys are awsome and I miss you all very much.

No comments: