Friday, October 24, 2008

My Treasures

Playing outside
Face it, kids need to be outdoors. They need the fresh air and the sun shining on their faces.
Some of our favorite family times happen on our street. It’s nice to be able to pull out our lawn chairs and watch the kids play. I can still remember taking off Ethan’s training wheels, he was so determined he learned to ride without help that same day. Our new swing set has been such a blessing. It has brought the laughter and friendships into our back yard. I just love it.

Family Time
No matter how busy your week is, make the time to connect with your family. I keep myself pretty busy, When I am not in class or on the hospital floor, my thoughts are with the fam. Nothing makes me happier than hanging out with Mike and the kids in our pj's putting together a 1000+ piece puzzle or watching a movie. Although I have not given into moon sand and projects with glitter, making crafts is huge in our house. the kids get their creative side from me. They also love to help me in the kitchen; they make great potato mashers, cake mixers, and table setters.
Our families live so far away that keeping in touch is of great importance to us all. The kids talk to their grandparents on a regular basis, not because I make them but because they want to. They make gifts and care packages for Nanny & Papi and love receiving them from both Nanny and Grandma Barb.

Friendship
Everyone needs a friend, someone you can trust, laugh with, talk to, vent to, and cry with. I teach my kids the importance of treating people the way they want to be treated, to be the kind of person that makes people happy to be around. I have learned that it is possible for just one person to change your life, whether it be good or bad, everyone brings a life lesson with them. I have met some wonderful people in my life and I feel truly blessed.

No comments: