Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Walk Downtown

The girls have theatre class on Fridays in downtown McKinney. I was so bummed because I wasn't sure what I was going to do downtown by myself. This was their second class and since the parents were instructed not to stay and 'watch'. I was okay with that because my girls are a bit on the shy side and would probably be more nervous with me there.
As I walked out of the theatre, I looked around and realized that I was surrounded by some of the most unique shops ever. I could smell the family cooking's of Spoons. Oktoberfest was last weekend so the square was decorated with pumpkins, hay, and scarecrows. The breeze was perfect, just enough to keep my air back. The air had a crisp cool fall feel. Ahhh, it was so nice.







I was going to surprise the kids with a special treat form Mom & Popcorn, and since they carry 42 Flavors of Gourmet Popcorn, Homemade Fudge, Nostalgic Candy & Bottled Sodas finding a gift for the kiddos would be easy, but they were closed so I was bummed. This cute little popcorn shop carries all those old candies, like cigarette gum. Get this: the candy cigarettes are called just like dads...yeah that's the influence I want, NOT.

I found myself next door at Posey Lane, where I browsed their awesome paper craft section, they make everything from personalized invitations to custom bags and goodies. I bought Naty a tulle skirt for a Fancy Nancy party we have coming up. This store was so girly and crafty....so me.
Heading back to the theatre, I stumbled past a little store that caught my attention. Outside were two big rocking chairs, a scarecrow surrounded by pumpkins and in the store window was Halloween decor with a twist of country. the name of the store was The Picket Fence, I love it so I found myself inside browsing through home accents that I was convincing myself I couldn't be without, but I was good...I bought nothing.




Further down the street was this little girly Tea House, called girly girl, made of sugar an spice. So. stinking. cute! Note to self: make lunch date with Syd and Nat at the tea house.


When I looked at the time, it was time to go get my girls from practice and head to the movies to meet the rest of the gang.
I could have strolled down those old streets all night long.

No comments: