Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just Fabulous

Our weekend was fabulous! It started on Friday evening with the girls theatre practice, they are doing a High School Musical play, and have a combination of scripts, dancing, and singing. I happened to get back before class let out and decided to listen at the door. I got there just as it was time for Sydney to sing. My eyes filled with tears as I heard my sweetie sing out loud with all her heart, I didn't know she could sing so well. She is always too embarrassed to sing or dance in front of people so I am happy to see that she is breaking out of that.



Here the girls are being handed their scripts!

After theatre practice we headed to the movies for the opening night of Beverly Hills Chihuahua, what a cute movie. There were nineteen in our group, wow, and we all had a great time.


Saturday....soccer games followed by more working on our swing set. While the guys worked, the kids played and Liza, Jessica, and I relaxed and chatted inside. We ordered pizza and the kids had theirs outside on a large blanket, thank goodness for our great weather. The night ended with the guys watching ultimate fighting and Ethan passing out in the recliner.

Sunday, was great. I slept in until after 10 am. As I walked out of my room, I called for Mike and the kids but got no answer. I walked past the living room windows, to see three happy children playing on their almost finished swing set. I was so happy. This is exactly what I wanted, a nice place for the kids to play.


While the men finished the play set, Liza and I went shopping, without the kids! Liza is having a Fancy Nancy birthday party for Nyomi soon so we had some serious girly shopping to do. We spent most of our time shopping for tutus, boas, and tiaras. We shopped for five hours, and made good progress.


I am making the girls tutu's out of tulle, a remake of something we saw on the Internet, I can't wait to see them finished!! I will post pictures when they are done.


After all the shopping, Jessica and I headed to Liza's where we made trial Fancy Nancy cupcakes for the party and Liza made her famous Carmel popcorn in pink.
This was a great friends weekend.

No comments: