Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jessica

I want to take a moment to recognize a special friend. So today I will write about Jessica W. We met a little over a year ago. The W family lives right across the street. I noticed they had a son who looked to be Ethan's age. For Ethan's sake I was determined to meet them. I think our last minute decision to have dinner at Peter Piper Pizza must have been fate. I looked over saw our neighbors having dinner and I wanted to meet them. Although I though they didn’t want to be bothered, I made myself do it. I went over and just said a quick hello and invited them to join us on the next time they see us hanging out on the street, and they did. Our families bonded instantly and Ethan made a new best friend. Although my initial goal was to gain a friend for Ethan, I gained a whole lot more.So about Jessica...she is a great mom and a great friend, she has a heart of gold and a beautiful smile. My girls just love her. They occasionally talk her ear off to and from school and she takes the time to actually listen to them. We see eye to eye on a lot of things. I always look forward spending time with her. She is the kind of person that everyone needs in their lives, you know the one you can really trust, enjoy their company, and who makes you laugh. Those friends are hard to find. I love that she lets me spoil her boys, especially her new little one J. I've met a lot of wonderful people in Texas, but for Jessica I am truly thankful.

No comments: