Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nothing Like It

There is nothing like taking a little time from mommyhood, wifehood, labor&deliveryhood.Nothing like putting on makeup and my hair in something other than a pony tail. And getting dressed in something glittery that makes me feel good. Something to remind me of the person inside.There's nothing like a night to escape the madness with some really good friends, have some drinks, and laugh your pants off.The key to keeping sane is some times to do things out of the norm of yourself.....‘Cause you’re “no good” to anyone if you are no good to yourself.

Last night, twelve of us great friends went to Pete's Piano Bar for a fun adults night out. We sang, laughed, and danced together and it was a real good time.Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being a mother, wife, and nurse but sometimes escaping for just a moment can be exactly what I need to enjoy those things even more.

No comments: