Sunday, August 2, 2009

Missing Those Summer Days...already

It’s only August 2nd but, it seems like summer is over. The lazy stretched out weeks of summer are gone (snif snif) and I’ve got nothing to show for it. Not even a decent tan.
Our trip home to Florida was great and the weather was perfect. It was so nice to see family and have rainy summer days. Aside from the humiduty, the warm mosit air and 75 degree weather was anice break from the Texas heat!! By the time I got home, three glasses of wine wasn’t enough to manage my stress.
Clearly, the problem lies with me. Call me crotchity, but I find that I require a certain amount of quiet and sleeping hours to maintain my sanity. Some days there’s no such thing as quiet or sleep in my family.
I wish I could have stayed in Florida longer, but vacations can’t last forever. I'm just grateful that I was able to make two trips home this summer.
Moving on.
We’re home now and I am trying to finish my spring cleaning! Why do they call it that, heck I 'spring clean' all year long!!! Going through outgrown clothing and unmatched tupperware is an ongoing project. I'm trying to get my pantry stocked with lunch box items and get school clothes and supplies in order.....See? Summer really is over.
Maybe once the kids are in school, I’ll get something done.

No comments: