Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meet The Teacher

Last night was our Elementary schools meet the teacher night. This is the first time that all my kiddos will be in school. It was a very overwhelming experience.
Ethan, my youngest, will be starting Kindergarten this year. Seems like only yesterday, I was bringing my little man home and now I found myself packing his backback with school supplies and showing him the ways around the school. His class will be directly across from his best buddy, Parker's class, so I'm sure they will help eachother get to and from class and I know he will enjoy being a big boy now.

Sydney is starting fifth grade so this will be her last year in elementary school and I am glad that she will share the halls with her brother and sister before she moves on to junior high. This year she will switch classes four different times and will have to learn how to get used to having multiple teachers. I am sure that this year, as she like to put it...her and her friends will 'rule the school'. She is growing way too fast!
Naty is going to third grade and will be facing the dreaded taks testing and she worries a little about it. I am confident that she will be fine, she has a great head on her shoulders and is very book smart: advanced in reading and math. She is fortunate to have her best friend, Lilly, in her class again this year. They saw eachother last night and picked seats right next to eachother. Lilly and Naty have the kind of friendship that will last forever, BFF's as they call it, for sure!!!
This year will be quite an adventure for our family. With my work schedule and Mike's fire schedule, we will still be able to walk our kids to school, go on field trips, juggle between three different class parties, and still have days to ourselves for errands and alone time. It's an adventure that will take some getting used to but one that I am looking forward to =)

No comments: