Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Beginning

The first day of school came and went......
Sydney is now in her last year of elelmentary school and she is turning into quite the little woman. Naty is enjoying the fact that she is not the youngest or the oldest kid in her school. I think this suits her well because she used to always being in the middle. Ethan is still at the age where he enjoys having mommy by his side, while still trying to be a big boy (he's in kindergarten, you know!). Since it is Ethan's first 'real' school experience, I will walk him to class everyday and give him a huge hug.
I enjoy the beginning of a new school year. There were pencils that needed sharpening, nerves to unjitter(mostly mine), special snacks, warm smiles, and brand new backpacks to fill with schoolwork. Photos taken on front lawns, at desks, and in front of classrooms. Old friends and teachers to wave to and new friends to be made. Brightly decorated bulliten boards are welcoming and remind me of my school years!
With each new school year, it brings new beginnings, fresh starts, goals to set, and challenges to meet. My kiddos are very excited. Nothing makes me happier as a parent than to know that my kids are enjoying school.

No comments: