Friday, July 10, 2009

Where Are My Babies

I took the kids to get some school clothes today. What an emotional day!
All the backpacks look so big on my little man and not only did I let Ethan pick out his first pair of kindergarten shoes (well, shoes we both liked) but he picked out his first lunchbox. He was so excited because it's a Super Mario Bros metal lunchbox, like years ago, and he said "I bet no one will have one like this". he was so excited, he held onto it so tightly making sure not to set it down. It looked so big on him but he was so proud.
Naty picked out a few things and I learned that for once she is in the same shoe size that she was last year...thank goodness! Until now she was still wearing size 5 and 6, and although the clothes still fits, she has grown!!!! So, I have to get her some new jeans to hide her ankles and new shirts to hide her belly. I went through her closet and have four large bags of clothes to get rid of!!!!
The hardest time for me was when I went to help Sydney find some clothes and the kid section was no longer an option, my little girl is onto big girl clothes. She is now shopping in the junior section!!! This is her style now. She found a purple jacket that she absolutely fell in love with and her face just lit up when she put it on. I think she will want to wear it everyday. I am not ready for all of this.

No comments: