Thursday, July 9, 2009

Naval Aviation Museum





This was the COOLEST museum! The walking tour was long, but VERY interesting. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. We learned a lot! The museum has a Top Gun school where you fly simulator jets. They have planes from every period of history: the first navy commissioned airplane, the British "camel" planes (snoopy's airplane), the first plane to cross the Atlantic (love the story), helicopters, fighter jets, YOU NAME IT. They had WWII warfront and home front areas---very cool. Another fun area was the completely rebuilt deck of a naval carrier--guns and tower intact. I really loved this museum. I would go again, every time I visit Pensacola. I only wish the Blue Angels were home so we could have seen them practice.



My favorite part was walking through the replication of living in the 1940’s.
Life seemed so simple then: prices were small, markets carried only necessities, homes were small and cozy. Just walking through this exhibit, I could only imagine what living on a ship for months at a time would be like, it really makes you appreciate the good things in life......

No comments: