Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've got that summer feelin'

Several times recently I've said, "This summer, we need to..." and, it's already well into summer. Our summer got off to a slow start, and sometimes I feel like I'm waiting for it to get underway, but actually it is flying by….real fast. Once again…I sit here and wonder where the week went?
Our family went on vacation to Destin Beach, Florida and it was a lot of fun. I met a lot of nice folks, some from my neck of the woods here in Texas. I completely understand why people from Texas travel all the way to Florida for the beach, (sigh) and the weather….perfect. The tide was high and the waves were strong, it was funny to see the kids start out swimming in front of us and five minutes later they were twenty feet to the left. It wasn’t hard to spot us though, our big bright striped umbrella stuck out like a sore thumb next to those perfectly lined rented green ones. But as the week progressed, people wised up and we saw a mish mash of rented umbrellas and other types along the water's edge. Anyway it worked out because the kids knew exactly where we were at all times.


I have made it back from vacation, tropical-depression free. Well, I suppose the only depression I’m feeling now is the one that knows I have loads of laundry to do and a stack of mail to go through. So while I go tend to my life again, I will try to get unpacked (as it may sit here for a few more days) and get back to the reality of housework, busy kids activities, getting ready for school, and trying to stay active but cool on these hot Texas summer days. Before you know it, we will be packing again for another trip back to Florida, then it'll be time for school again.....well, let’s not go there.
Today it is 103 degrees so I will pour myself a glass of tea and attempt to start summer projects that I want to be doing, try not to think about what I should be doing and, make myself feel better about what I am actually doing. haha!

No comments: