Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let's Walk Together

Walk in my shoes for one single day.
Then you'll see why I need to pray.
Come live in my home for a week or two
So you can realize that I am just like you
I'm not complaining about the stress in my life,
I know that we all have some drudgery and some strife.
But walk with me, when you think I am wrong,
Walk with me and you'll start to belong.
Embrace my sorrows, like they are your own,
And then you will know me and, see I have grown.
The journey I take is different from yours
My life is a walk through unexpected doors,
This road that I travel is not cheerful but long,
If the people who cross my path will join in my song,
Listen to my footsteps and watch me dance
They will know me, like me, and give me a chance.
I don’t ask for the things I’m given
but I did choose this road I have taken
Walk a mile with me hand in hand
Then perhaps you will understand
So have a heart and remember to be to true,
Because our pathways could cross again between me & you.
walk with me kindly when the day is at end
And then I will know I can call you my friend.

No comments: