Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Mommy

My kids have been home from school for a week now. I've personally loved the chance to sleep in and be lazy in the morning. It's nice not having to get up and get the kids ready for school. And the kids have been great so far. Almost every morning, they've left little surprises for me to find! Once they left a gallon of milk out on the table. Another day, they left all the couch cushions scattered throughout the house. They've left a roll of toilet paper unwound across the bathroom floor and a dozen plates with melted cheese on them sitting on the counter. They left me a snow boot sitting on the kitchen floor and every single toy they got for Christmas on the family room floor.
It's a toss-up as to which is worse - cleaning up the messes or getting up early.
But, today was different.
Today, when I got up, I stumbled into the kitchen to make some coffee and when I rubbed my eyes to focus, there I found it....NO mess. Just three little children palying video games and coloring with each other. For a minute, I thought I might be in the wrong house but instead I grabbed my cup of coffee, and counted blessings.
My kids are great!!!

No comments: