Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let it snow......


It's Christmas Eve and it's snowing outside!!!!
If you happen to live in a part of the country that isn’t blessed with this powdery, white miracle, (like us) you know why I am so excited. And of course, snow this time of year is always the best!

I have been anticipating its arrival since I first saw the forecast and there I sat, in the living room by the window just waiting, and waiting. By the time the first few flakes started floating down it was well past 11am and the kids had already accepted the fact that it may not snow.

Today would have been a perfect day for me to bake cookies and stay in my jammies, but I just couldn't, I had to enjoy this wonderfulness.
Me and Melissa had Carmel lattes at Starbucks while the snow fell. Coffee with a great friend is always a good thing. Thanks, Melissa.
The kids loved playing outside as the snow piled on their heads and kissed their noses, it was a lot of fun!
We had Christmas Eve dinner at my sisters house,made by the hubbies who did a really good job, we all left the table absolutely stuffed.
It was still snowing outside.....so we let the kids play in the snow again at night, since it could be gone by morning.

Brrr, it was sooo cold!!!! The kids little fingers and ears were rosy and chilly.
Coffee and dessert by the fireplace wrapped up a beautiful day!
I know I often complain that Texas is a never ending land of cornfields and cows, but it's changing seasons and my great friends are things that make it worth living here.
It's been snowing for more than 10 hours now and we have a couple inches of snow. No signs of it stopping anytime soon.
Today was a great day, I wouldnt change a thing!

No comments: