Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy 11

Today is my 11-year wedding anniversary!
In some ways it seems like just yesterday that I was nervously glancing at my watch every few minutes while my mom and sister attempted to calm my nerves. I was admittedly nervous about the wedding ceremony itself, hoping all would go smoothly. I was not nervous about my choice in husband at all.
Mike and I were best friends for the two years we knew each other prior to engagement. We had many things in common, from similar family backgrounds (both sets of parents never divorced), to sharing a love of college football (how could I go wrong!).
Experts agree your choice of spouse has a lot to do with your ultimate success. In my case, that could not be more true. My husband supports me with everything I do, like my decision to stay home to raise our three children, then my decision to return to school to pursue my nursing degree, something I had given up on in order to make a home. He understands the need for a girls night out every now and then and doesn't even raise a brow when he has to watch the kids, he ENJOYS it.
This year, instead of getting all dressed up, hiring a sitter, and spending $$$$ on dinner....we celebrate with take out, a bottle of wine, and our children all cuddled up on the couch. I couldn't be any happier =)
Here's to another 11 years, honey. I wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment:

My Life in Motion said...

11 years! I hope that you are all doing good. Where did you go on Facebook? email or call me!