Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Well-Labelled Whine

This month marks our six month anniversary of ladies night. It started as a book/wine club where we all read Twilight (except for me) and then went to watch the movie together. The spring season brought soccer, baseball, and other kids activities that seemed to take over.
Regardless of our busy schedules we all manage to still get together once a month and unwind. For some of us (like me) it is the only time that I can hang out in my pj's with my friends and really relax, vent, and get some good friend time. Books, movies, games, or not...these ladies like their wine.
So, on the topic of wine.... a couple of months ago....I was in Market Street looking for some wine for our next ladies night night and I stumbled across some very interesting wines!
.....some people like their wine dry. some people like their wine sweet. some people like their wine earthy with moderate tannins. But ME....I like my wine to be well-labelled. You'll see why.

The Mad Housewife Collection


The name says it all.....and we all have our days (I know I do)!! wine should be fun, relaxing, and something you can afford to look forward to at the end of each and every day. Time to enjoy a moment to yourself. A moment without the madness.
Bitch is ...bitchin'
Yeah I have had these days too but, I have yet to try this RED wine but I like it already because of its provocative title, all in pink. and the repetitions of the word “bitch” on the back. more likely, it’s the bottle’s alternating dagger heart dagger heart border. But I learned that this wine is fruity with notes of cranberry and strawberry and has a high alcohol volume.....ahhhh!
The Fat Bastard
It is subtle humor at its best! I love that they integrated the name and visuals in a witty and sophisticated solution for a wine. And yeah 'book club ladies' we all know the joke surrounding fat bastard, hahaha!



So the next time you are out shopping for a bottle of wine, take a look around at what is out there. There are some pretty descriptive labels that each of us can relate to and laugh about.

No comments: