Sunday, June 21, 2009

You Are More Than a Father


My dad is the best!
He is the kind of dad who will spend his only free day of the entire week with his kids and grandchildren and do for them before himself. My kids absolutely LOVE their Papi, because it is very hard not to!
My favorite childhood memories with my dad are those of all day fishing trips, learning to drive, his funny laugh, and his poker face. Growing up, I remember his love of Country music (to this day when I hear Roll On Eighteen Wheeler by Alabama or The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, I think of him).
I know that if I ever need ANYTHING or just need someone to talk to, he will always be there. I learned from him to be a giver rather than a receiver, to be a good parent, and to love with all I’ve got! I am blessed to have a great father who is more than just my dad, he is my friend. Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I Love You!





My hubby is a great father. He spends his days helping me around the house and making sure the kids are entertained (while I sleep). He will even take them to the park and the movies when he is feeling really tired. He makes sure they're safe, sound and happy, and never wanting for anything but is strict when it's needed, and is always there for us.
He also takes the time to sit with me, even if it means watching some of my favorite tv shows or chick flick just to be with me. He is my vent-to person, mostly because he is ALWAYS around. He makes me coffee every morning, helps me with household chores, and makes me feel better on bad days.
He's a wonderful dad and a wonderful friend, and I love him a lot.
Happy Father's Day, Honey! We Love You!

No comments: