Monday, June 22, 2009

The Art of Fear

Just the other day, Ethan found a bag of tattoos and stuck them everywhere that he could. At first I thought it was kind of funny and that he's not going to think they are so cool when it comes time to wash those cheap suckers off! But it made me start thinking.....
I think that I share a common fear of most mommies. No, it's not running out of laundry soap or fruit gummies, it's that my lovely children will one day come home with a piercing or a tattoo. I know that my fear comes a bit premature. And I know, I should continue to worry about more age appropriate worries such as not talking to strangers and having good manners but when I came across the story of the Belgian teen who went in to have just a few stars tattooed to her face and came out with this:


I gave into my fear.
Please don't get me wrong, I am not a prudish mom (I have actually been thinking of getting one myself) I'm just afraid that if I let my kids tattoo themselves now, what will they come up with later????

No comments: