Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After almost 3 years, I am happy that I chose to move here! Moving from a small town to a small city was a dramatic awakening and took some adjustment!
Back home every where I went from the movies to the park, I ran into someone I knew. But even after the first year of living here, I never even ran into neighbors or acquaintances at the neighborhood park. It was very weird for me.
I finally got what I wished for though, and I feel more at peace than I have in many years because the other day, I saw a good friend at the grocery store and we chatted a bit, then I went down the cereal isle and saw a fellow soccer mom and chatted some more, and at the register I ran into a doctor that I work with and guess what?? I chatted some more.... and it was SO FREAKING COOL!
It's another adjustment, though, to be in a place again where everyone knows everyone. Going to the store in my pajamas used to be acceptable, because, hey-- no one knew me and no one will ever see me again! Buuuut...that's not exactly the case anymore, is it? I love it!

No comments: