Sunday, November 9, 2008

In Memory of Yoshi

Friday started out as any normal day and ended with a horrible tragedy.
It was 5:24 pm when my phone rang, it was my little brother. He sounded so frantic and upset. He informed me that my little sis, Stacy, and her boyfriend, Yoshi, were in a bad car accident. My mom and brother were in route to the hospital where Stacy & Yoshi were air lifted. All he knew was that Yoshi was killed and no news on Stacy. Rumors were flying all over as to what her status was. As the tears fell, my heart just broke. It is so hard to be hundreds of miles away from where my family is, waiting on answers and praying that everything was okay. Silvia and I waited as patiently as we could trying to comfort each other and hoping for the best. Finally around 7pm I heard Stacy's voice for the first time.....and the tears just poured.


Stacy spent Friday at the Lake with Yoshi, there she said they were both so happy. He was rolling down hills and laughing, so happy just being with her. On their way home, he lost control of the car and crashed. Stacy is fine, but Yoshi passed away. Family and friends surrounded Stacy's hospital bed comforting her as best they could. I know this will be a long hard struggle for her but with the love that surrounds her, we will help her get through this. Yoshi was a wonderful boy, someone you could only wish for your own daughter. He will always be considered a part of the family. My heart goes out to Stacy. I wish I was near her to help her through this.

Yoshi, your memory will live on and you will always be in our thoughts and prayers, you will be truly missed.

Stacy....stay strong and keep your head up, I love you and I will always be here for you.

No comments: