Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soccer Moms Play Soccer Too

Today I consider myself a true 'soccer mom' and not because my three children are all playing soccer this season and I have a carpool scedule with five other moms, oh no that's a piece of cake compared to how this soccer momma earned her badge today.
Sydney's soccer practice lacked three players due to school cirriculum night so the coach asked us, the soccer moms, if we wanted to practice with the girls. Who us?? The four of us gauked at eachother (slightly ignoring him) hoping coach would change his mind but he didn't, so we gave in.
As I walked on the field I thought to myself that this could be fun and really........how hard can this be? YEAH, right!!! What was I thinking?! We scrimmaged for half an hour and I thought I was going to die. I was winded and could hear my heart beating in my head!
I want a drink, I'm tired, and I want to stop were the thoughts in my head. I was not going to give up though, I wanted to show Sydney what a great sport her mother is, so when my jewel lined sandals and big rimmed sunglasses took an air ride with one kick of the ball, they came off and I continued. The moms were like the bad news bears, at one point all the moms were gasping and laughing so hard at each other, that we let them score on us, hehehe. But guess what....these ole' ladies won!!! I myslef, made three goals, YAY!!! When it was over, all I wanted was a shower and my bed but what I got was Ethans turn for soccer practice and a CVS trip (a mom's gotta get her deals, right?).
I'm tired now but I bet I feel it more tomorrow.

No comments: