Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Falling for Fall

I am trying real hard to fight my urge to bring out the Halloween/Fall decorations but I have slowly been giving in. My Fall bins have been brought out of storage and I've been sorting through all my indoor and outdoor decorations as well as buying things here and there for preparation. I already bought little pumpkins for the kids and for now they sit in the entry way table peeking behind picture frames and a vase of flowers (a fall bouquet). I bought mums for the front planter and Halloween arts and crafts, that I will work on this weekend with the kids.

Today I gave into my craving for the new pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, I couldn't wait any longer. I haven't had Starbucks in 3 weeks and I was having serious with drawl. Now that I have had the taste of pumpkins spices frappaccino style, all I want to do is go home and make pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. Halloween and Christmas bring out the mommy in me. I make more home cooked meals, do craft projects, and have family outings and family in nights. We love our visits to the pumpkin patch where the kids search through rows and rows of pumpkins trying to find the best one to carve. We always have so much fun.


One of our family traditions in the Fall is to watch Nightmare before Christmas and It's a great pumpkin Charlie Brown with the kids. Mike and I watch old scary movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street.
I love our family nights in when it is too cold to be outside, the crock pot is going, something sweet baking the oven, in our PJ's at 6pm and a good family movie. I cant' wait.

No comments: