Friday, September 19, 2008

Cookies & Milk

Ethan did not want to go to school yesterday, he thought he could convince me by telling me that he wanted to stay home that I wouldn't have to be lonely....nope didn't work. I kissed and hugged him goodbye and although it made me sad to force him to go I knew he would be just fine. I thought he was just tired, no one wants to get out of bed in the morning if they don't have to, right.
At first I was worried. I wondered if maybe preschool from 9-2 is a long day for him and maybe he's not be ready for four long days a week, or could it be that he doesn't like his teacher, did she yell at him? Is she mean?....what would I do if that was the case??? These different thoughts pondered my mind all day.
When he came home, he gave me a big hug and he was smiling so I thought okay maybe he was just tired this morning, I had no reason to worry until I asked him if he had fun today and he said "yeah but mommy, I still don't like school". So out came the cookies and milk and we sat at the table for a 'talk'. I was scared to ask but I had to..."Ethan, did something happen at school?" He looked at me, with those big brown eyes, legs swinging, milk mustache, and said "my teacher always....." dunking and biting into his Oreo cookie, "my teacher always says we can't talk in the hall, and we have to stay in our seat, and no running, and no climbing on top of the monkey bars, and it's too much stuff". Then he proceeded to ask "but mommy, if I tell you that I don't like school everyday, can I have cookies and milk everyday when I get home?"
He's so silly!

No comments: