Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Old Times

When you drive down our street on any given day, you will see twelve brick homes perfectly manicured accented with the lanscping of bikes, scooters, skateboards, and sidewalk chalk. Two of my neighbors are having babies. One is having her baby on Friday and the other in November.... did I mention that we already have twenty kids on our street!? Two houses are for sale and one potential buyer has two kids, so the number keeps growing.
Ahhh, kids. you gotta love them. I've gotten used to the multiple ringing of the doorbell early Saturday mornings, it's become routine around here, and I am getting better at solving their 'issues'. Having all these kids around definately has some downs but for the most part, the children are great friends as well as the parents. We are like one big family. Our street is highly known for the friendships that lie within the stop signs of Brush Creek. We are known for our nieghborhood pot lucks, bbqs, ladies nights, mens poker nights, family movie nights together and dinner at each others houses. The memories that my children are making will stay with them forever.
Some people go their whole lives without the chaos that I sometimes deal with, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: