Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's Raining

I used to love rainy days. The feeling of snuggling up in bed or on the couch with a cup of whatever hot beverage I fancy at the moment and a good book, while outside all is wet and cold and miserable is such a luxurious one. Over the past few years, I've learned that it's the sunny days that energize me and make me want to get out and feel the air on my face. The sun energizes me and lifts my mood. But for whatever reason, I'm getting the old snuggly feeling from today's absolutely hideous weather. It's ugly, and gross, and will only leave puddles and slicks of mud all over the roads and sidewalks. And yet, I'm loving it. I've been happily hanging out at home with Mike. I think I'm going to finish my hot tea and go get warm and toasty in my bed, it's actually cold enough in here for once to make the blankets welcome and spend the afternoon finishing my shopaholic book. I can stay warm and busy and dry and happy all tucked up in my cozy home and pity the poor souls walking by my windows in the nastiness that is today.

No comments: