Friday, March 13, 2009

I Love My Hole Famly

My girls are constantly sending me love letters. I post them on the fridge, give them a huge hug and let them know how special these notes make me feel. I have many and they are all over my house, you name the place and chances are, there is one there. With all of life's craziness that we get swept up in, sometimes I forget about it and move on to the next thing that we have to get done. When I have a quiet moment to reflect on these notes, I am so absolutely enthralled by the fact that MY little girls, the little girls that I still can't believe are mine, the little girls that I baked in my belly are writing notes to me and their dad about how much they love us.
The drawn picture that accompanies the letter is usually of our family together holding hands. Pictures of us out doing things, seeing places, whatever the situation, but it is always our family together with love written somewhere in the note.
During my pregnancy, I could only dream about receiving notes like these. I would always wonder how long it would take for my little angels to be able to articulate their feelings to me, much less write them down in a note. So, you can see why I have a hard time parting with them and why I have a box in the garage full. I will hoard these notes and cherish every single one of them because I know as each day passes the chances of getting another one diminishes.

No comments: