Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So not a Stepford wife

Even though I have lots of days where I might not feel like it, this is the best time of my life. I have really hard days though. Days were the morning starts too early and I stumble around in my pjs all morning long. Days where I want to take that smiling housewife with pearls and heels and stab her with her unscratched stilettos. Cause that is not me. My floors are sticky my sink is full of dishes. Reality is I would much rather take the kids to the park and the library or play dress up and make cookies then wash dishes and sweep the floor. I do this and little by little the housework piles up.

I am not a ‘full time’ mom, but I am home 5 days a week with the kids. In essence I am a stay at home mom most of the time. For some reason, I have come up with this ridiculous ideal stay-at-home-mom in my head that I strive to be like. I love the idea of being the perfect mom and wife, like in Stepford, but who am I kidding???? They were robots!!!! I did notice that my entire demeanor and attitude change when I am not in scrubs and my hair all fixed versus if I just stay in my greasy hair and ratty clothes to run errands.

We all have frumpy days. Days where our energy levels are zapped, the house is atrocious and you feel overwhelmed. I call these frozen dinner days because you just want to stay home and do as little as possible. But this should NOT be the norm. More stressed? Certainly! Sleep deprived? Undoubtedly! I am plan Jane but, if I just wash my hair and wear something other than workout clothes (2 very easy goals to achieve) I think my household moral will improve! But as I said earlier, these are the best years of my life!!!!!

No comments: