Monday, August 23, 2010

The End of A Long Summer

This morning, all of my children climbed on a school bus and for eight hours I will have total peace and quiet. I crave quiet and structure. I crave the lack of chaos.
Although, summer wasn’t as hard as I expected, I’m glad it is over. During the last couple of months we have moved…twice…and are ready to get settled and begin a great year.
We all had a fun, busy summer and survived it. So, I don’t plan on doing much today just drinking coffee, writing a little, reading a lot, and listening to the sounds of silence. I may use some time today to schedule volunteer hours at the school. Or maybe sign up for the Fall festival. I do enjoy helping the teachers, decorating the bulletin boards, stuffing folders, and making copies. Dang, there I go scheduling my free time already…and it’s barely just started…….
With all that said, I am going to enjoy my day. I don’t imagine I will get out of my pajamas. I’ll think about volunteering later….you know, when I am a little rested.

No comments: